[comp.unix.xenix] <=> Thanks...

macron@bauhaus.UUCP (Macron Factor) (06/29/90)

for the Urogue help.  And for those of you wondering, I got the game with my
Games Disk for SCO 386 Xenix Release 2.3.3.  I find it much more
entertaining than any of the other games offered on the disk.  Although
aliens get's it's laughs as well :)

But I have another problem now, I'm wondering where to get or how to setup a
screen saving device for Xenix.  I'd like to be able to use that much rather
than having to turn the monitor on and off, but I have had no luck finding a
program, and was told there might be something to set in Xenix to be able to
make it save the screen when it's idle.

<=>------------------------------------------------------------------------<=>
 |                             -Macron Factor-                              |
 |                         edward@bauhaus.sf-bay.org                        |
 | The House of Solitude - (408) 761-0476  300/1200/2400bps  (bauhaus.UUCP) |
 |==========================================================================|
 | "If these were slightly more primitive times,                            |
 |                                  I'd be burning at the stake."           |
 |                             -Morrissey                                   |
<=>------------------------------------------------------------------------<=>

gary@cdthq (gary) (06/30/90)

macron@bauhaus.UUCP (Macron Factor) writes:
> But I have another problem now, I'm wondering where to get or how to setup a
> screen saving device for Xenix.  I'd like to be able to use that much rather
> than having to turn the monitor on and off, but I have had no luck finding a
> program, and was told there might be something to set in Xenix to be able to
> make it save the screen when it's idle.

Write a shell script or shell macro that does a clear screen (a tput(cls)
works under SysV, my Xenix machine is dead at the moment) and then waits
for something on stdin.

Gary Heston, at home....