[comp.unix.xenix] dtr, dialin

larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) (06/26/90)

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) writes:

>The problem I'm having is that a user can call up and connect and get the
>login message, and successfully login and such.  When the user exits, the
>system should be dropping DTR and then executing the between-dialin string.

I assume the modem is set up to pass DTR from the port rather than
the default setting of keeping it high?

            uucp: iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry  -or-  larry@nstar
 Public Access Unix Site (219) 289-3745 / lots of files & free PEP feeds!

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (06/26/90)

In article <203@twg.UUCP> @.UUCP (Bill Irwin) writes:
>In article <46@marilyn.UUCP> shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) writes:
>Sometimes  I  have also seen what you describe upon logout, that is,  the
>modem reset command string appearing on my terminal.

Since the modem works fine on dialout, I think it might be either a dialin
or a shared dialin/dialout problem.  On dialout, with the last close, the
DTR signal is dropped and the modem hangs up correctly.  On dialin, that
doesn't happen.

Any ideas?
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
bungia!marilyn!shawn     {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

In article <122@n4hgf.uucp> wht@n4hgf.UUCP (Warren Tucker) writes:
>Try tty1A instead of tty1a.

I think I'm ahead of you on that.  Whenever I've tried tty1A (including
recently), all I get is a garbage warning message when I dial in, and it
shuts down the port (by disabling the entry in /etc/ttys).

One interesting fact is that I used tty1a with the 286 version and never
had any problems.
--

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (07/02/90)

In article <1990Jun25.234141.14260@nstar.uucp> larry@nstar.uucp (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I assume the modem is set up to pass DTR from the port rather than
>the default setting of keeping it high?

Yup.