[comp.unix.xenix] Term Terminal Emulator

rick@crash.cts.com (Rick Stout) (07/08/90)

Hi Netters.

I'm having trouble with terminal emulation.

The host is a Compaq 386 running SCO Xenix.  The terminal is an
IBM PS/2 model ?? (one of the 286 models).

I'm using Term terminal emulation software which I have always
regarded higly, but I never tried it on a PS/2 before.

Everything works fine *except* the plus key on the numeric keypad
seems to be sending a carriage return instead of a plus and the
asterisk key sends a comma ','.

Both keys work fine above the alphabetic keys, just not on
the number pad.  I've tried remapping them in the applications
software to no avail, and Term doen't seem to let you remap any key.

Has anyone run into this before or can shed some light?

Thanks
-Rick

Rick Stout                                                ...uunet!eysd!rick
Ernst & Young, San Diego                                     (619) 236-1100

bill@twg.wimsey.bc.ca (Bill Irwin) (07/08/90)

In <3430@crash.cts.com> rick@crash.cts.com (Rick Stout) writes:

>I'm using Term terminal emulation software which I have always
>regarded higly, but I never tried it on a PS/2 before.

If  this is TERM Communications from Century Software then email them  at
uunet!utah-cs!century!support.   I have found them very helpful with  any
inquiries I have made.
--
Bill Irwin    -   TWG The Westrheim Group     -    Vancouver, BC, Canada
uunet!van-bc!twg!bill     (604) 431-9600 (voice) |     UNIX Systems