[comp.unix.xenix] MGR for SCO

ken@dali (Ken Seefried iii) (07/16/90)

--

I remember some time ago someone mentioning that they had completed a
port of the MGR window system to SCO Xenix.  I would be most greatful
if someone would e-mail me where I might retrieve this software (is it
in the standard distribution on UUNET?), what video cards it is happy
with and weather or not it have been run on SCO Unix 3.2.2.

Many thanks for the help...

--

	ken seefried iii		ken@dali.gatech.edu

	"Vee haf veyz off making you talk...release da veasles..."

chain@paul.rutgers.edu (Chain Lee) (07/18/90)

In article <11400@hydra.gatech.EDU>, ken@dali (Ken Seefried iii) writes:
> --
>
> I remember some time ago someone mentioning that they had completed a
> port of the MGR window system to SCO Xenix.  I would be most greatful
> if someone would e-mail me where I might retrieve this software (is it
> in the standard distribution on UUNET?), what video cards it is happy
> with and weather or not it have been run on SCO Unix 3.2.2.
>
> Many thanks for the help...

There is a version at bellcore.com for FTP access. The file is
~ftp/pub/xenixmgr.tar.Z. It includes the original port I posted
in this news group some time ago and some enhancement done by
Stephen (sau@snoozy.bellcore.com, the author of MGR).

There is also a new version I recently loaded at bellcore.com.
Under ~/ftp/pub/new-xenixmgr.tar.Z. It includes some bug fixes
to my previous port and some new features. These include bus mouse
suooprt, screen blanker, suspension of MGR to allow multiscreen
switch, redirection of system error messages to console window,
/etc/utmp updating, device driver for /dev/bell, and the 'ico' demo
from X. Please note that 'new-xenixmgr.tar.Z' is there only
termporarily. It is NOT an official version. It may be modified,
removed or moved to another directory.

Chain Lee
chain@datacube.com
chain@rutgers.edu