[comp.unix.xenix] VRAM VGA Video Seven card config with ODT

tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) (07/17/90)

Do you have a VGA card by Video Seven; preferably a 1024x768 VRAM type?

If so, did you have to fiddle with dip switches to get Open Desktop or
Xenix to install?

Open Desktop refuses to boot (I have 2 separate copies of the N1 boot disk)
and I may have narrowed it down to my VGA card settings.  To jog your
memory, here are the four options I have:

Switch 4:  FastWrite [enable/disable]
Switch 5:  CGA/Hercules emulation [enable/disable]
Switch 6:  ROM access [16 bit/8 bit]
Switch 7:  Memory access [16 bit/8 bit]
Switch 8:  VGA mode [standard/VRAM extensions]

Thanks for any enlightenment you might offer!

	Devon (tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu)

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (07/18/90)

tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) writes:

>Do you have a VGA card by Video Seven; preferably a 1024x768 VRAM type?

>If so, did you have to fiddle with dip switches to get Open Desktop or
>Xenix to install?

I have a Video Seven 1024i card connected to a Sony 1304 monitor.  I did
not have to change any of the dip switches for it to work on ODT.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.