[comp.unix.xenix] sw

sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) (07/19/90)

In article <918@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca> sl@van-bc.wimsey.bc.ca (Stuart Lynne) writes:
>Does anyone know how to list the high water marks for streams buffer usage?
>I'm sure there is a program to do it, I remember doing it last year. But
>can't find the program. (That's the wonderful thing about Unix, there is a
>program for everything.. if you can remember where the bloody thing is..)
>I've looked the all my FM's but can't find anything.

My aged synapses finally came through... it's called "sw" which presumably
stands for stream watch.

Now the 64k$ question is does anyone have any detailed information on what
sw does? I've got my problem fixed (up'd the number of 128 and 256 byte
buffers) but while I'm looking it would be interesting to figure out what
the other things that sw is telling us about *really* mean.

--
Stuart.Lynne@wimsey.bc.ca ubc-cs!van-bc!sl 604-937-7532(voice)