[comp.unix.xenix] Keranl Panic: memory fault

mgraham@cdp.UUCP (07/13/90)

Over the last two weeks our system has crashed several times with:

Keranl Panic: memory fault parity error.

We are running Xenix 2.3.2 on a myles 386 with 8 meg of memory.

What I want to know... does this mean that we have some bad SIMMs or
could it be something else?

Thanks!

- Mark Graham (Pandora Systems)

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (07/21/90)

mgraham@cdp.UUCP writes:

>Over the last two weeks our system has crashed several times with:

>Keranl Panic: memory fault parity error.

>We are running Xenix 2.3.2 on a myles 386 with 8 meg of memory.

>What I want to know... does this mean that we have some bad SIMMs or
>could it be something else?

It is most likely the simms.  The message says that it is a parity
error.  You should get some memory testing software and run it overnight
for several nights (or over a weekend).

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.