[comp.unix.xenix] MNP emulation???

jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) (07/12/90)

Are there any MNP (level 5) MNP emulation packages for Unix/Xenix?
Preferrably something you can hook into cu and have UUCP not use the G
protocol for error checking?

     // JCA

 /*
 **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 ** Flames  : /dev/null                     | Small memory model only for
 ** ARPANET : crash!pnet01!jca@nosc.mil     | Unix?  Get the (*bleep*) out
 ** INTERNET: jca@pnet01.cts.com            | of here!
 ** UUCP    : {nosc ucsd hplabs!hd-sdd}!crash!pnet01!jca
 **--------------------------------------------------------------------------*
 */

shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) (07/15/90)

In article <3477@crash.cts.com> jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>Are there any MNP (level 5) MNP emulation packages for Unix/Xenix?

I'd be interested too, if there are sources involved!
--
Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
bungia!marilyn!shawn     {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

jimr@vpnet.chi.il.us (Jim Rendant) (07/18/90)

If you find something please keep me informed! I had to turn of error checking
on my US robotics HST. I also have a problem with auto-fall back. Again I had
to turn it off as well. If you have any cures please let me know!

dano@comix.UUCP (Dan O'Connell) (07/24/90)

In article <59@marilyn.UUCP> shawn@marilyn.UUCP (Shawn P. Stanley) writes:
>In article <3477@crash.cts.com> jca@pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:
>>Are there any MNP (level 5) MNP emulation packages for Unix/Xenix?
>
>I'd be interested too, if there are sources involved!
>--
>Shawn P. Stanley         shawn@marilyn.marilyn.mn.org
>bungia!marilyn!shawn     {rosevax,crash}!orbit!marilyn!shawn

As far as I know MNP is a proprietary >hardware< protocol that
is owned by Microcomm which is the M in MNP. . .; Microcomm
licenses this technology to other OEM's however.

Dano
...uunet!comix!adaq!dano