[comp.unix.xenix] undocumented system calls

pgd@bbt.se (P.Garbha) (07/23/90)

Can someone tell me why some system calls are undocumented in Xenix
2.3.2 I cannot find any documentation for, for example, sigset(), and
poll(), which both are implemented in the kernel, and are in libc.

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (07/25/90)

In article <1990Jul22.174137.3802@bbt.se> pgd@bbt.se (P.Garbha) writes:
>Can someone tell me why some system calls are undocumented in Xenix
>2.3.2 I cannot find any documentation for, for example, sigset(), and
>poll(), which both are implemented in the kernel, and are in libc.

This is just a guess, but I imagine that they were implemented to
support the event handler (ie, mice, etc) but either a) nobody
had the time to doc them, b) they were forgotten or c) someone
thought nobody wanted them.

I will award my own poorly written doc for these calls to the
most creative addition to the above list....

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate