[comp.unix.xenix] tex screen previewer for xenix

jaffe@hoss.unl.edu (David Jaffe) (07/25/90)

Does anyone know of a TeX screen previewer which will work under Xenix 2.3.2?

Incidentally, I have installed TeX from the public domain source code.
I have detailed instructions if anyone wants them.  A couple of other people
have indicated that they have done this.

David Jaffe
University of Nebraska, Lincoln
[jaffe@hoss.unl.edu, but I will be out of town for two weeks]

debra@alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) (07/25/90)

In article <1990Jul24.203136.27595@hoss.unl.edu> jaffe@hoss.unl.edu (David Jaffe) writes:
>Does anyone know of a TeX screen previewer which will work under Xenix 2.3.2?

My dvi tools (a previewer and a nec printer driver) are available for
anonymous ftp from tuewsd.win.tue.nl. The previewer has only been tested
on SCO Xenix 286, release 2.2.1, with an EGA screen (but few changes will
be necessary for 386 and/or vga)  and on AT&T Unix sVr3.2.1 with EGA, VGA
and VDC 600.

The drivers do not understand most specials (but just ignore them).

Paul.
|debra@research.att.com   | uunet!research!debra     |