[comp.unix.xenix] Losing characters in VP/IX on Wyse-60s, computone boards

campbell@Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) (07/24/90)

I have a problem using Wyse-60 terminals with VP/IX on
Computone's so-called IntelliPort boards.  Certain characters
just disappear (R and W come to mind).  Environment is:
	Xenix 2.3.3
	VP/IX 1.1
	Computone Drivers 4.28

As far as I can tell, I have disabled all of the Computone boards
'features' such as IntelliKey... and am trying to used the board
as a simple multi-port board.

Is this just another example of Computone's outsmarting
themselves again :-(

--
....microsoft--\                    Bill Campbell; Celestial Software
...uw-entropy----!thebes!camco!bill 6641 East Mercer Way

daveh@marob.masa.com (Dave Hammond) (07/26/90)

In article <5134@thebes.Thalatta.COM> campbell@Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>	Xenix 2.3.3
>	VP/IX 1.1
>	Computone Drivers 4.28

I would suggest upgrading to the 4.54 drivers.  We have experienced
quirky Computone behavior in the past, and upgrading to the 4.54 drivers
has helped in almost all situations.

--
Dave Hammond
daveh@marob.masa.com

alan@mq.UUCP (Alan H. Mintz) (07/26/90)

In article <5134@thebes.Thalatta.COM> campbell@Thalatta.COM (Bill Campbell) writes:
>I have a problem using Wyse-60 terminals with VP/IX on
>Computone's so-called IntelliPort boards.  Certain characters
>just disappear (R and W come to mind).  Environment is:
>	Xenix 2.3.3
>	VP/IX 1.1
>	Computone Drivers 4.28
>
>As far as I can tell, I have disabled all of the Computone boards
>'features' such as IntelliKey... and am trying to used the board
>as a simple multi-port board.

Make sure that you have told the Computone (during ic_install) that you want
"Generic Terminal - NO FEATURES". Note that this is different from the
default "Vanilla Generic...whatever". If this is not the problem, it may be
the same prob as one of my customers was having using M/S Word. Computone
just sent him a new driver to solve what seems to be a similar problem.

< Alan H. Mintz              | uucp: uunet!mq!alan     >
< Micro-Quick Systems, Inc.  | Witty saying pending... >
< 10384 Hillside Road        +=========================>
< Alta Loma, CA  91701       | Voice +1 714 980 1034   >
< USA                        | FAX   +1 714 944 3995   >