[comp.unix.xenix] Ethernet cards and Xenix 386

osvaldo@apollo.la.locus.com (Osvaldo Gold) (07/25/90)

What ethernet cards does SCO TCP/IP for Xenix require?
Specifically, would a 3com Etherlink work?  I'm running SCO Xenix 2.3.3.

Thanks for any help.

osvaldo@locus.com
----------
Osvaldo Gold - Locus Computing Corporation
osvaldo@locus.com
uunet!lcc!osvaldo		DISCLAIMER:  Opinions are only my own.

smwong@hantsv.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) (07/25/90)

|> What ethernet cards does SCO TCP/IP for Xenix require?
|> Specifically, would a 3com Etherlink work?  I'm running SCO Xenix 2.3.3.

SCO TCP/IP (my version is coming along with ODT) supports the following 3Com
ethernet cards :-

3Com 3C501 (Etherlink)
3Com 3C503

Stephen.

In article <1913@engage.enet.dec.com> smwong@hantsu.enet.dec.com writes:

| SCO TCP/IP (my version is coming along with ODT) supports the following 3Com
| ethernet cards :-
|
| 3Com 3C501 (Etherlink)
| 3Com 3C503

  And the Western Digital (WD8003 from memory) 8 bit card. We're running
them at work.
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX

tkevans@oss670.UUCP (Tim Evans) (07/27/90)

In <1913@engage.enet.dec.com> smwong@hantsv.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) writes:

>|> What ethernet cards does SCO TCP/IP for Xenix require?

>SCO TCP/IP (my version is coming along with ODT) supports the following 3Com
>ethernet cards :-

>3Com 3C501 (Etherlink)
>3Com 3C503

Note that SCO does *N*O*T* provide support for the 3Com 3c505--or at least
that what they tell me.
--
cc:Mail		Tim K. Evans at ~OSS
UUCP 		...!{rutgers|ames|uunet}!mimsy!woodb!tkevans

>SCO TCP/IP (my version is coming along with ODT) supports the following 3Com
>ethernet cards :-
>
>3Com 3C501 (Etherlink)
>3Com 3C503
>
>Stephen.

And the WD8003 -- so the manuals say.

But I would like to know which cards out there are compatible with these.

By far the most common type of ethernet card -- so common that ads simply
list them as "ethernet cards" are the Novell compatible ones.  They are
cheap and plentiful.  Why doesn't SCO support them?