[comp.unix.xenix] Question on adding a second terminal to a PC running SCO Xenix

ynzhai@csuchico.edu (William Y.N. Zhai) (07/26/90)

Does anyone know how to connect a second terminal to a AT286 running
SCO Xenix System V?
I have a SCO Xenix System V installed in a AT286 machine and want to connect
a HP-2624B terminal as a second tty device.  I connected it to the COM2 port
with a serial cable and made /dev/tty2a active.  However it didn't work.
Does anyone know how?  Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Bill

rick@crash.cts.com (Rick Stout) (07/28/90)

In article <1990Jul26.075207.5893@csuchico.edu> ynzhai@csuchico.edu (William Y.N. Zhai) writes:
>Does anyone know how to connect a second terminal to a AT286 running
>SCO Xenix System V?
>I have a SCO Xenix System V installed in a AT286 machine and want to connect
>a HP-2624B terminal as a second tty device.  I connected it to the COM2 port
>with a serial cable and made /dev/tty2a active.  However it didn't work.
>Does anyone know how?  Any advice or suggestion will be appreciated.
>Thanks in advance.

You may have to switch the 'send' and 'receive' pins on your
connector.  I think PC COM ports are set up the same as a
terminal so a direct connection would have both send wires
hooked together and both receive wires connected.
Rick Stout                                                ...uunet!eysd!rick
Ernst & Young, San Diego                                     (619) 236-1100