[comp.unix.xenix] Latest SCO 386 Xenix version?

david@actsn.fay.ar.us (David Summers) (07/26/90)

I'm getting ready to order SCO 386 Xenix and would like to know what the latest
and greatest version is?  I called a mail-order company and they didn't know
of anything past SCO 386 Xenix 2.3.2 but even just now while perusing NetNews
I see references to 2.3.3.  What's up?   I don't HAVE to have it immediately.
Should I wait a bit for the next release?

   Inquiring Minds Just Wondering.   :-)

   - David Summers

smwong@hantsv.enet.dec.com (Stephen Wong) (07/26/90)

In article <302@actsn.fay.ar.us>, david@actsn.fay.ar.us (David Summers) writes:

|> I'm getting ready to order SCO 386 Xenix and would like to know what the
latest
|> and greatest version is?  I called a mail-order company and they didn't know
|> of anything past SCO 386 Xenix 2.3.2 but even just now while perusing
NetNews
|> I see references to 2.3.3.  What's up?   I don't HAVE to have it
immediately.

I'm not speaking for SCO, but to my knowledge, the latest version of Xenix/386
is Release 2.3.2.  If you order VP/ix, you will get a maintenance upgrade (which
is required for VP/ix only) and your Release number will be 2.3.3.

stephen@hantsq.enet.dec.com

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (07/26/90)

david@actsn.fay.ar.us (David Summers) writes:

>I'm getting ready to order SCO 386 Xenix and would like to know what the latest
>and greatest version is?  I called a mail-order company and they didn't know
>of anything past SCO 386 Xenix 2.3.2 but even just now while perusing NetNews
>I see references to 2.3.3.  What's up?   I don't HAVE to have it immediately.
>Should I wait a bit for the next release?

Xenix 2.3.3 is simply 2.3.2 with the VP/ix supplement added.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

rogerk@sco.COM (Roger Knopf 5502) (08/02/90)

In article <302@actsn.fay.ar.us> david@actsn.fay.ar.us (David Summers) writes:
>I'm getting ready to order SCO 386 Xenix and would like to know what the latest
>and greatest version is?  I called a mail-order company and they didn't know
>of anything past SCO 386 Xenix 2.3.2 but even just now while perusing NetNews
>I see references to 2.3.3.  What's up?   I don't HAVE to have it immediately.

This comes up from time to time. 2.3.2 is the latest release unless
you have installed VP/ix update A which brings the kernel only up
to 2.3.3.

>Should I wait a bit for the next release?

No.

--
Roger Knopf                                      <standard disclaimer applies>
SCO Consulting Services			  "The True Believers will...formulate