[comp.unix.xenix] Does a Wy60 emulation programm exists for PC ?

tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) (07/13/90)

Hallo,

who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.

Tillmann

--
Dipl.Ing. Tillmann Basien			   tb@pemstgt.gtc.de
Programmentwicklung fuer Microcomputer		   unido!gtc!pemstgt!tb	UUCP

jbayer@ispi.COM (Jonathan Bayer) (07/15/90)

tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:

>Hallo,

>who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
>great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.

TERM by Century Software.

JB
--
Jonathan Bayer		Intelligent Software Products, Inc.
(201) 245-5922		500 Oakwood Ave.

fred@cdin-1.UUCP (Fred Rump) (07/19/90)

tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:

>who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
>great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.

Anybody ever hear of ICE 10? Runs a PC just fine in wy60 mode. It also permits
toggling back and forth between PC and terminal mode without losing a screen.
fred

--
Fred Rump              | UUCP:  {uunet dsinc}!cdin-1!fred
CompuData, Inc.        | "Beware of cats for they are subtle and will .... on

perry@bluemtn.uucp (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) (07/31/90)

In article <1990Jul13.161244.12456@pemstgt.gtc.de> tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:
>Hallo,
>
>who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
>great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.

We have run across an EXCELLENT terminal emulation program that is memory
resident and emulates a VT100, VT200, AT386, Wyse60, and SCO Console.
It's called "DOUBLE VIEW".

All the function keys, colors, etc work fine, and it lets you toggle
between msdos and the terminal program by hitting alt-v.   We use it
for our pc's connected to our Xenix machine.  It also comes with a Unix/Xenix
file xfer program so you can copy files to and from the xenix/unix host.

It only uses 83.5k of ram.
--
"A mind is a terrible thing to taste."   | Perry Minyard
- Ministry                               | ..!emory!bluemtn!perry

rob@lafayet.Lafayette.LA.US (Rob Freyder) (08/01/90)

In <1990Jul31.160627.17534@bluemtn.uucp> perry@bluemtn.uucp (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) writes:

>In article <1990Jul13.161244.12456@pemstgt.gtc.de> tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:
>>Hallo,
>>
>>who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
>>great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.
>>

>We have run across an EXCELLENT terminal emulation program that is memory
>resident and emulates a VT100, VT200, AT386, Wyse60, and SCO Console.
>It's called "DOUBLE VIEW".

Try ICE.TEN from  the James River Group ... they have something called
Dejavu which emulates both a WYSE 60 and the SCO ansi console .. both
support color and work perfectly with WordPerfect 8-)  ...  They also
have a thing called ICE.TCP which, I'm told, lets you telnet the way you
indicated ...  I have only used the serial version ...It is a TSR and
works very well...

James River Group  Minn,  MN   612-339-2521

I am not associated with them in any way... I am just a registered user.
--
Rob Freyder                                  Western Atlas International
____    ____     ____                        Core Laboratories

alan@mq.UUCP (Alan H. Mintz) (08/02/90)

In article <1990Jul31.160627.17534@bluemtn.uucp> perry@bluemtn.UUCP (Perry Minyard (3MTA3)) writes:
>In article <1990Jul13.161244.12456@pemstgt.gtc.de> tb@pemstgt.gtc.de (Tillmann Basien) writes:
>>Hallo,
>>
>>who knows of a terminalprogramm to emulat Wyse 60 on a IBM-PC. It will be
>>great, if it is possible to take it in a telnet-emulation via telapi.
>>

>We have run across an EXCELLENT terminal emulation program that is memory
>resident and emulates a VT100, VT200, AT386, Wyse60, and SCO Console.
>It's called "DOUBLE VIEW".
>
>All the function keys, colors, etc work fine, and it lets you toggle
>between msdos and the terminal program by hitting alt-v.   We use it
>for our pc's connected to our Xenix machine.  It also comes with a Unix/Xenix
>file xfer program so you can copy files to and from the xenix/unix host.
>
>It only uses 83.5k of ram.
              ^^^^^
Ditto all the above. The first PRECISE emulation program I have seen. We
have installed it with every XENIX system we have sold since it came out about
six months ago. The only problem is that it is a TSR and cannot be loaded
any other way. If you don't want it to TSR, you must load it, press the hot
keys, use it, then unload it.

It was (is) developed by Digiboard and they have been VERY supportive and
interested in user input.

<    Alan H. Mintz                     | It's just temporary...              >
<    Micro-Quick Systems, Inc.         |                                     >
<    Alta Loma, CA  91701              | Voice +1 714 980 1034               >
<    USA.Earth                         | FAX   +1 714 944 3995               >
<                                      | uucp: uunet!mq!alan                 >