[comp.unix.xenix] graphics, CGI, VGA

spiesman@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov (SPIESMAN, BILL) (08/19/90)

I just bought a Paradise VGA Plus 16 card for my 386 system. I
tried using the CGI graphics package, but there appear only
to be drivers for EGA and CGA graphics for my system. Does anybody
know if there is a VGA device driver for CGI or is there a way
to make my system work with the CGA/EGA drivers? I get an
error 3000 (DEVICE DRIVER ERROR) when I blindly point at one
of these non-VGA device drivers.

I am also having trouble with the graphics portion of my
TEK/Regis graphics terminal imulator; the graphics simply
fail to appear on the screen when I run this software (called
ST240) on my machine under VP/ix. Anybody out there have experience
with this?   Does anybody know of any good graphics emulators
that will run under Xenix??

Bill Spiesman
spiesman@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov

tuck@iris.ucdavis.edu (Devon Tuck) (08/23/90)

In article <3151@dftsrv.gsfc.nasa.gov> spiesman@amarna.gsfc.nasa.gov writes:
>I just bought a Paradise VGA Plus 16 card for my 386 system. I
>tried using the CGI graphics package, but there appear only
>to be drivers for EGA and CGA graphics for my system. Does anybody
>know if there is a VGA device driver for CGI or is there a way
>to make my system work with the CGA/EGA drivers? I get an
>error 3000 (DEVICE DRIVER ERROR) when I blindly point at one
>of these non-VGA device drivers.

Call SCO and get a new update.  The new update of CGI suppors VGA, as well
as postscript and some other goodies.

Devon