[comp.misc] HAKMEM document

brothers@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (laurence) (11/08/86)

This certainly sounds like the right group.......

Anyhow, I am looking for a copy of the HAKMEM document, which was
originally I believe an MIT department memo or something like that.

I have heard about this memo a number of times, but repeated inquiry
at local bboards (Stanford, Columbia, Rutgers) has been fruitless.
If HAKMEM is really interesting in any way, then it MUST be online
all over the place, right? Well, someone must have a copy....

ADV-THANKKS-ANCE,

-Laurence

--
			 Laurence R. Brothers
		      brothers@topaz.rutgers.edu

			"I am a pure crystal."

campbell@maynard.UUCP (Larry Campbell) (11/09/86)

In article <6877@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> brothers@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (laurence) writes:

>    ... I am looking for a copy of the HAKMEM document, which was
>originally I believe an MIT department memo or something like that.
>
>I have heard about this memo a number of times, but repeated inquiry
>at local bboards (Stanford, Columbia, Rutgers) has been fruitless.
>If HAKMEM is really interesting in any way, then it MUST be online
>all over the place, right? Well, someone must have a copy....

HAKMEM was an MIT AI Lab memo (actually a collection of memos) published,
I believe, around 1970.  I've never seen an online copy;  mine (which I
can't find right now) is a Xerox of a Xerox of a Xerox.  It is indeed
a fascinating and entertaining document.
--
Larry Campbell       MCI: LCAMPBELL          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
UUCP: {alliant,wjh12}!maynard!campbell      120 Fulton Street, Boston MA 02109

ccplumb@watnot.UUCP (Colin Plumb) (11/11/86)

In article <6877@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> brothers@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (laurence) writes:
>I am looking for a copy of the HAKMEM document, which was
>originally I believe an MIT department memo or something like that.
>
>I have heard about this memo a number of times, but repeated inquiry
>at local bboards (Stanford, Columbia, Rutgers) has been fruitless.
>If HAKMEM is really interesting in any way, then it MUST be online
>all over the place, right? Well, someone must have a copy....

Me too! If *anybody* knows where it can be found (in any form - electronic or
otherwise) I'd *love* to hear about it.

		-Colin Plumb (ccplumb@watnot.UUCP)

Zippy says:
HELLO KITTY gang terrorizes town, family STICKERED to death!

mposner@utcs.UUCP (11/12/86)

This message is empty.

dee@cca.UUCP (Donald Eastlake) (11/15/86)

HAKMEM

is Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) A. I. Laboratory
Memo Number 239, dated 29 February 1972, by M. Beeler, R. W. Gosper,
and R. Schroeppel.  I would think it would still be available from
them at 545 Technology Square, Cambridge, MA 02139.
--
	+1 617-492-8860		Donald E. Eastlake, III
	ARPA: dee@CCA.CCA.COM	usenet:	{cbosg,decvax,linus}!cca!dee