[comp.misc] glare problems

wilmott@topaz.UUCP (11/24/86)

The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
solve this problem, but the largest I've been able to find is
for 15" monitors. Does anybody out there know of a place I can get
one big enough for a 20" screen from? Or does anyone have any other
suggestions (ie - some sort of "home-made" anti-glare screen?).
ANY help/suggestions at all would be GREATLY appreciated.

Ray Wilmott
wilmott@topaz.rutgers.edu
-------------------------

magik@chinet.UUCP (Ben Liberman) (11/25/86)

In article <7267@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> wilmott@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Ray Wilmott) writes:

>The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
>annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
>solve this problem, but the largest I've been able to find is
>for 15" monitors.

A quick solution is to build a frame to go around the face of your monitor.
Buy a pair of black panty hose.  Cut out a piece large enough to cover the
frame and voila, you have an excellent anti glare screen for under $5.00
(how much do panty hose cost, anyway ?)
----------------------
Ben Liberman

ihnp4!chinet!magik   or   ihnp4!homebru!magik
--
----------------------

fnf@mcdsun.UUCP (Fred Fish) (12/03/86)

In article <818@chinet.UUCP> magik@chinet.UUCP (Ben Liberman) writes:
>In article <7267@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> wilmott@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Ray Wilmott) writes:
>>The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
>>annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
>
>A quick solution is to build a frame to go around the face of your monitor.
>Buy a pair of black panty hose.  Cut out a piece large enough to cover the
>frame and voila, you have an excellent anti glare screen for under $5.00

I just pull the panty hose down over the top of the monitor.  Makes a
great conversation piece.  Only trouble is finding them big enough :-) :-)

-Fred

Fred Fish  Motorola Computer Division, 3013 S 52nd St, Tempe, Az 85282  USA
{seismo!noao!mcdsun,hplabs!well}!fnf    (602) 438-5976

dave@lsuc.UUCP (12/04/86)

>The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
>annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to

If you don't mind a more-or-less permanent solution, there's a
spray called "Glare-Off" which can be sprayed on the screen.
I got some a few years back and have used it occasionally. It
covers the screen with a coating which cuts out the glare. Comes
with some remover (acetone?) which will take it off, but that's
really only for wiping up the mistakes, not for removing the entire
thing from the screen. Worked OK on a VT-100.

David Sherman
The Law Society of Upper Canada
Toronto
--
{ ihnp4!utzoo  seismo!mnetor  utai  hcr  decvax!utcsri  } !lsuc!dave

snafu@ihlpm.UUCP (Wallis) (12/05/86)

> In article <818@chinet.UUCP> magik@chinet.UUCP (Ben Liberman) writes:
> >In article <7267@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU> wilmott@topaz.RUTGERS.EDU (Ray Wilmott) writes:
> >>The glare I'm getting off the screen of my 20" tv/monitor is really
> >>annoying. I looked around trying to find an anti-glare screen to
> >
> >A quick solution is to build a frame to go around the face of your monitor.
> >Buy a pair of black panty hose.  Cut out a piece large enough to cover the
> >frame and voila, you have an excellent anti glare screen for under $5.00
>
> I just pull the panty hose down over the top of the monitor.  Makes a
> great conversation piece.  Only trouble is finding them big enough :-) :-)

Why not just pull the panty hose over your head?
Then size is not a problem! Just don't forget to
take them off before you run out to the store for
a six-pack!

                              Dave Wallis
                           ihnp4!ihlpm!snafu
                       AT&T Network Systems, Inc.
                            (312) 510-6238

ken@argus.UUCP (Kenneth Ng) (12/15/86)

In article <854@ihlpm.UUCP>, snafu@ihlpm.UUCP (Wallis) writes:

> > >A quick solution is to build a frame to go around the face of your monitor.
> > >Buy a pair of black panty hose.  Cut out a piece large enough to cover the
> > >frame and voila, you have an excellent anti glare screen for under $5.00
> > I just pull the panty hose down over the top of the monitor.  Makes a
> > great conversation piece.  Only trouble is finding them big enough :-) :-)
>
> Why not just pull the panty hose over your head?
> Then size is not a problem! Just don't forget to
> take them off before you run out to the store for
> a six-pack!

I just hope this guy doesn't work in a bank where he might be mistaken.

--
Kenneth Ng: Post office: NJIT - CCCC, Newark New Jersey  07102
uucp !ihnp4!allegra!bellcore!argus!ken

Kirk (about Spock): "He took too much LDS in the 60s"