From cwruecmp!sun!seismo!watmath!mks!wheels  Wed Apr 22 23:54:02 1987
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 87 16:13:55 est
From: cwruecmp!sun!seismo!watmath!mks!wheels (Gerry Wheeler)
To: watmath!ncoast!robertd
Subject: Re: So much for a summary
News-Path: watmath!clyde!cbatt!cwruecmp!hal!ncoast!robertd

Hi! Saw your posting about not being able to summarize the
letters you got about the shell. Most unfortunate. However,
I can give you info about our MKS Toolkit.

The MKS Toolkit sells for US$139, and contains over 70 programs
and utilities to make DOS look more like UNIX. Examples are:

	awk, fgrep, egrep, vi (the editor), the Korn shell,
	sed, ed, diff, and tr.

Some features are:

	awk - has multi-dimensional arrays & symbol table
	diff - uses Hunt-McIlroy minimal difference algorithm
	egrep - uses Boyer-Moore algorithm
	ed, sed, vi - full implementations
	tr - compatible with both BSD & System V

Hope this is helpful. If you get enough of the information back to
post a summary, feel free to include any of this.
---
Gerry Wheeler                  {seismo,decvax,ihnp4}!watmath!mks!wheels
Mortice Kern Systems Inc.        "If it ain't broke, don't fix it!"
---

   Thats it..
		[> Rd
--