[comp.misc] about electronic crime, the law and the fools

news@santra.UUCP (news) (07/01/87)

Even if somebody is fool enough not to protect himself, shouldn't the
law at least try? ( I quess the idea is called a society or something
like that ... )

Juha Kuusama, jku@kolvi ( ...!mcvax!tut!kolvi!jku )

john@geac.UUCP (John Henshaw) (07/06/87)

In article <6420@santra.UUCP>, news@santra.UUCP (Juha Kuusama) writes:
> Even if somebody is fool enough not to protect himself, shouldn't the
> law at least try? ( I quess the idea is called a society or something
> like that ... )

I think that it's important to distinguish between the enforcement of
the law, and the law itself. _law_ provides the framework that society
uses. The _enforcement_ of the law is something else.

--
John Henshaw, Geac Computers Ltd.	| (mnetor, yetti, utgpu !geac!john)
Markham, Ontario, CANADA (416) 475 0525	|