[comp.misc] Pagemaker on monochrome monitor?

4611con@whuts.UUCP (On Interstate 15) (08/06/87)

Can anyone out there tell me if
PageMaker software can be run on a
monochrome monitior? I've only seen it on
color, but I have the chance to try this
configuration and am looking for some advice before
I leap. Thanks.

--
John Connolly         AT&T Bell Labs Whippany NJ
{harvard|allegra|ulysses|ihnp4}!whuts!4611con

Yonder stands the sinner; he calls my name without a sound.

evan@ndcheg.UUCP (Evan Bauman) (08/07/87)

In article <2564@whuts.UUCP>, 4611con@whuts.UUCP (On Interstate 15) writes:

> Can anyone out there tell me if
> PageMaker software can be run on a
> monochrome monitior? I've only seen it on
> color, but I have the chance to try this
> configuration and am looking for some advice before
> I leap. Thanks.

I assume that you're talking about PageMaker for the PC and not the Mac.
Since PageMaker is an application written to run under MS-Windows, it
will run on any monitor/adapter combo that Windows supports.  This includes
mono/Hercules, color/CGA, color/EGA (in more than one resolution) and
mono/EGA.  Windows also supports the MDS Genius monochrome full page
screen and the WYSE 700/Amdek 1280 15" mono screen.

As other manufacturers release new video cards and/or screens, they usually
supply a driver for Windows, 123, etc.

	Evan Bauman
	Uniersity of Notre Dame
	..!iuvax!ndmath!ndcheg!evan

brown@nicmad.UUCP (Mr. Video) (08/07/87)

In article <2564@whuts.UUCP> 4611con@whuts.UUCP (On Interstate 15) writes:
<
<Can anyone out there tell me if
<PageMaker software can be run on a
<monochrome monitior? I've only seen it on
<color, but I have the chance to try this
<configuration and am looking for some advice before
<I leap. Thanks.

If you have a Hercules compatable monochrome graphics adapter board,
then Pagemaker will indeed work.  You will need Windows as well.
--
	 harvard-\     ihnp4--\
Mr. Video   seismo!uwvax.......!nicmad!brown