[comp.misc] The truth about ITS & Multics.

daveb@geac.UUCP (10/27/87)

In article <990@cg-atla.UUCP> mikkel@cg-atla.UUCP (Carl Mikkelsen) writes:
>In article <3190@ames.arpa> msf@amelia.UUCP (Michael S. Fischbein) writes:
>>In article <1877@frog.UUCP> john@frog.UUCP (John Woods, Software) writes:
>>It was incompatible when you weren't happy with the way it worked.  When
>>you were, or when ITS vs Multics bull sessions were held, it was the
>>Incomparable Time-sharing System!

  Some ITS people on the net! Spiffy!
  Now that both systems are rare (and their discussion is unlikely
to produce a full-fleged flame war), could we hear what ex-users of
ITS and Multics thought were their beast and wirst points?  Er, best
and worst points?

 --dave
--
 David Collier-Brown.                 {mnetor|yetti|utgpu}!geac!daveb
 Geac Computers International Inc.,   |  Computer Science loses its