[comp.misc] Help with HP Laser Jet

johne@pwcs.UUCP (10/29/87)

Has anyone out there in net.land ever connected a Laser Jet II to a PDP 11/44
(gasp 8-)) running Xenix? I'm having all sorts of problems-strange gibberish,
many many blank pages, communications errors. Help me please!

--
John A. Erickson,City of St. Paul (johne@pwcs.StPaul.GOV)
                                  (...!ihnp4!quest!pwcs!johne)

paul@hp-sdd.HP.COM (Paul K Johnson) (11/01/87)

In article <3595@pwcs.StPaul.GOV> johne@pwcs.StPaul.GOV (John A. Erickson) writes:

>Has anyone out there in net.land ever connected a Laser Jet II to a PDP 11/44
>(gasp 8-)) running Xenix? I'm having all sorts of problems-strange gibberish,
>many many blank pages, communications errors. Help me please!

Keep in mind that the Laserjet needs 8 bit characters sent to it
(to allow raster data transfers).