[comp.misc] What is PC-NFS?????

gregg@mrevox.UUCP (11/24/87)

some one asked me ( in passing ) if i was running PC-NFS on my AT.
not wanting to let my T.O. (Technical Obsolescence)  show, i didn't
ask him for an explanation.

Net don't fail me now.... could some one who has heard of PC-NFS
drop me a line and fill me in on the details, especially availability.

Thanks

Victor S. Gregg, Bellcore, 444 Hoes Ln, Piscataway (RRC-1C206) (201) 699-4596
gregg@ctt.bellcore.com      !bellcore!dduck!gregg      !bellcore!pyuxe!gregg1
	  Standard Disclaimer: My opinion, N O T my employers!!

ehrlich@psuvax1.psu.edu (Dan Ehrlich) (12/02/87)

In article <313@mrevox.UUCP> gregg@mrevox.UUCP (Victor Scott Gregg) writes:
>Net don't fail me now.... could some one who has heard of PC-NFS
>drop me a line and fill me in on the details, especially availability.

PC-NFS is a Sun Microsystems product that allows PC/ATs that are on
either flavor (thick or thin) ethernet to use a system that runs NFS
as a server.  I have heard rumors that you can run the PCs diskless.
You should check with you local Sun sales representaive.

N.B. -- I do not work for Sun and only know of this because we have
	been looking at diskless workstations lately.
--
Dan Ehrlich <ehrlich@psuvax1.{psu.edu,bitnet,uucp}>
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Computer Science