[comp.misc] Fido/Opus paths from ARPAnet or UUCP?

jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) (12/10/87)

Is there a way to send mail from an ARPAnet or UUCP host to Fidonet?
I don't suppose someone has found a way to make the two talk.

--

John T. Nelson			UUCP: sun!sundc!potomac!jtn
Advanced Decision Systems	Internet:  jtn@potomac.ads.com

Sine Visa Ars Nihil Est

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) (12/30/87)

In article <2725@potomac.ads.com> jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) writes:

>Is there a way to send mail from an ARPAnet or UUCP host to Fidonet?
>I don't suppose someone has found a way to make the two talk.

I would be interested in knowing also, how this could be done.
--
 L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.
 ljdickey@watmath.UUCP		UUCP: ...!uunet!watmath!ljdickey

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (12/31/87)

ljdickey@water.waterloo.edu (Lee Dickey) wrote:
> In article <2725@potomac.ads.com> jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) writes:
>
> >Is there a way to send mail from an ARPAnet or UUCP host to Fidonet?
> >I don't suppose someone has found a way to make the two talk.
>
> I would be interested in knowing also, how this could be done.
>  L. J. Dickey, Faculty of Mathematics, University of Waterloo.

   Yes there is experimental gateways currently.  All of them
   are 'unofficial' in the eyes of the internet.  But, we are
   working on that...

| ...sun!hoptoad!\                                     Tim Pozar      |
|                 >fidogate!pozar               Fido:  1:125/406      |
|  ...lll-winken!/                            PaBell:  (415) 788-3904 |
|         USNail:  KKSF  77 Maiden Lane  San Francisco CA 94108       |

ssegan@dasys1.UUCP (Sascha Segan) (01/01/88)

> In article <2725@potomac.ads.com> jtn@potomac.ads.com (John T. Nelson) writes:
>
> >Is there a way to send mail from an ARPAnet or UUCP host to Fidonet?
> >I don't suppose someone has found a way to make the two talk.

I have an ancient USENET manual which suggests a link at crash. I believe that
the format is:
	netnumber!nodenumber!firstname_lastname@crash
The path is about a year old, so don't get your hopes up.
----Sascha

--
Sascha I. Segan                   {allegra,philabs,cmcl2}!phri\
Big Electric Cat Public Unix          {bellcore,cmcl2}!cucard!dasys1!ssegan!

victoro@crash.cts.com (Victor O'Rear) (01/06/88)

(Note my system name)  I don't believe this to be true.
I'll send a copy along to the sysop here, though.  The definitive article
(Which I can't find anywhere at home..@$%&!) is "Notable Commputer
Networks" from the September 1987 (Approx) _Communications of the ACM_.

!  Victor O'Rear {hplabs!hp-sdd, akgua, sdcsvax, nosc.mil}!crash!victoro      |
|  ARPA: crash!victoro@nosc.ARPA and home: (619) 588-7423 (Sand Eigo, Ca)     |
|  "Fools, Idiots! Don't they realize that they are dealing with forces       |
|        beyond comprehension!" - "Doctor Science"                            |

pozar@hoptoad.uucp (Tim Pozar) (01/07/88)

victoro@crash.cts.com (Victor O'Rear) wrote:
> (Note my system name)  I don't believe this to be true.
> I'll send a copy along to the sysop here, though.  The definitive article
> (Which I can't find anywhere at home..@$%&!) is "Notable Commputer
> Networks" from the September 1987 (Approx) _Communications of the ACM_.
    WARNING, WARNING, Will Robenson!!!
    The machine mentioned in Notable Computer Networks (Sparks)
will not currently forward into fido.  Do not use this machine.
	    Tim