[comp.misc] Doom and Gloom, Reply to Jinfu Chen

jbass@polyslo.UUCP (John L Bass) (02/11/88)

> From: Jinfu@cup.portal.com
> Since you are so confident on your computer industry crash, why
> don't you do the same with say, TV set, dishwasher, refrigerator,
> and other home appliances?

	I did for VCR's ... it's just that most of these products were
introduced before you were born ... you probably don't have the foggest idea
what their market segements looked like during the first 10 years.

	I'm not that old either for dishwashers, refrigerators, and
many other home appliances. I was however working in a TV/Appliance
store and repair shop as a TV tech during the late sixtys and saw the
end of the boom period for Color TV's ... a lot of parallels to the
last 10 years of PC's .... the VCR market too ...

Have fun,
John Bass
DMS Design