[comp.misc] Watson A question of where/what/how much

bjs@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian J. Smith) (03/22/88)

 Well I have a very strange question to ask some of you know it alls.

 I am looking for information on a Hardware/Software package called
 Watson.  What this program is to do is a computerized answering
 machine.
 For example it usage :
	The owner of a company has many sales reps out "in the field"
	tring to sell a certain good.  The sales reps then can call
	in and leave meassages for the boss or other reps. But they
	must first enter a access code to get access to only there
	messages and not the other reps.  You see how it works?
	"took me some time to understand myself"
	The hardware side seems to be make up of some A/D stuff and a voice
	synthzier (sp).  What I am looking for is the cost/who makes it/
	and the address of how makes this.

	thanks.

--
()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()
The Person  :                                                Brian J. Smith

sxm@philabs.Philips.Com (Sandeep Mehta) (03/23/88)

In article <13379@uflorida.cis.ufl.EDU> bjs@beach.cis.ufl.edu (Brian J. Smith) writes:

> Well I have a very strange question to ask some of you know it alls.
>
> I am looking for information on a Hardware/Software package called
> Watson.  What this program is to do is a computerized answering
> machine.

That is exactly what one of the projects at the MIT Media Lab is doing.
For more info get hold of the book MIT Media Lab (Viking Press) or the
video(disc/tape) from the Media Lab in Cambridge. I dont know if they
are willing to give it out, but it may lead to clues on other packages.

sandeep
--
Sandeep Mehta                                         (914)-945-6478
Robotics & Flexible Automation                        uunet!philabs!sxm