[comp.misc] Viral generators; code wars

macleod@drivax.UUCP (MacLeod) (03/25/88)

In article <500@xios.XIOS.UUCP> dont@xios.XIOS.UUCP (Don Taylor) writes:

>PS.  I just heard about a virus generator called OSIRIS. (Cute etymology).
>Now you don't have to be even moderately competent technically to create
>and distribute a new virus, anybody with a PC and a modem can start an
>infection.  I should be interested to hear anything about this program.  I
>should like to have my hands around the neck of jerk who wrote it...

With any luck OSIRIS will be poorly enough designed to produce viruses with
distinctive signatures in their code.  Then you have to send SET after the
viruses; it sweeps your system and cleans up OSIRIS-viruses.  Be warned,
though, if you leave even 1/13th of OSIRIS around it will get restored and

shani@TAURUS.BITNET (03/30/88)

Hey all DOS & PC slaves, Your day of liberation is getting closer. DOS
is going to die from AIDS!!!!

BETTER HURRY UP AND CONVERT TO UNIX

UNI+CRUSADE - Convert or dye!

If IBM where selling cars, we where all still driving Model-T's