[comp.misc] Greek Character Fonts Wanted

jamesa@amadeus.TEK.COM (James Akiyama) (04/03/88)

I was wondering whether anyone out there has a downloadable Greek Character
set that is public domain.  What I need is one for the IBM EGA graphics
adapter (both 9 x 14 and 8 x 8 format), but will accept anything that is
available and modify it as appropriate.

If you can help, please send me E-mail.  If there is enough interest I will
post my findings.  Thanks.

James E. Akiyama
Tektronix, Inc.

dow@wjh12.harvard.edu (Dominik Wujastyk) (04/04/88)

In article <1127@amadeus.TEK.COM> jamesa@amadeus.TEK.COM (James Akiyama) writes:
>I was wondering whether anyone out there has a downloadable Greek Character
>set that is public domain.  What I need is one for the IBM EGA graphics
>adapter (both 9 x 14 and 8 x 8 format), but will accept anything that is
>available and modify it as appropriate.

The Duke University Language Learning Project has exactly what you want,
and it is PD.  Contact Jeffrey William Gillette (Phone: (919) 684-3637).
He wrote the Duke University Language Toolkit, which consists of a fine
font editor, together with conversion programs to transfer the resulting
font into the right format for the EGA adaptor, Toshiba printers, Epson
FX-80/85 printer or IBM Proprinter.  (I think there is a HP LaserJet
converter too).  Duke Univ. will send it all to you free, if you send them
2 floppies.  There is also a BBS where it can all be downloaded (Phone:
(919) 684-3169), but you need to talk to someone at Duke first, in order to
learn the correct login sequence.  Greek and many other language fonts are
already done and in wide use in Univesity circles.

Dominik Wujastyk

NB there is a new comp.fonts news area, where such matters should be
discussed in future.

--
bitnet:	 user DOW on the bitnet node HARVUNXW
arpanet: dow@wjh12.harvard.edu