[comp.misc] R.I.P. BYTE: ...

andrew@kcl-cs.UUCP (Andrew B Smith) (08/08/88)

In article <1988Aug4.202028.17290@gpu.utcs.toronto.edu> woods@gpu.utcs.Toronto.EDU (Greg Woods) writes:

>That's just the point.  They igonre the rest of the world and hide in
>their little hole.

Here in the UK we get BYTE with an 'International Section' included in the
'Whats New' section. This mainly includes coverage of Japanese and UK products
(mostly Transputer related). What I don't understand is why they expect us to
read about American products but don't expect the USA to be interested in
ours. Perhaps they are afraid ours are superiour :-)

Also.. BYTE from the look of the articles they expect people to buy things
of the shelf. People don't write software or build hardware (serious stuff not
home security systems) anymore. Why review all these compilers ?

Andrew.

Andrew B Smith		|  UUCP:   andrew@kcl-cs.UUCP
Dept. of Computing,	|  JANET:  UDAC041@UK.AC.KCL.CC.VAXA
King's College London,	|  BITNET,
The Strand,		|  EARN:   UDAC041%VAXA.CC.KCL.AC.UK@UKACRL.BITNET
LONDON WC2R 2LS		|
United Kingdom		|  TPHONE: 01-836-5454 ext: 2239