[comp.misc] Speed of the Next disk, what kind of network?

caromero@phoenix.Princeton.EDU (C. Antonio Romero) (10/17/88)

In article <1053@meccsd.MECC.MN.ORG> mvs@meccsd.UUCP (Michael V. Stein) writes:
>In article <1988Oct16.041207.718@utzoo.uucp: henry@utzoo.uucp (Henry Spencer) writes:
>>You forgot, it comes with GNU software.
>What GNU software?

GNU Emacs, GNU cc, and... oh hell, there was something else, but I forget what...

Anyway, since it has GNU cc, I guess people who don't like the Objective-C they
bundled with the machine can always port over g++...

My main gripe is that they decided not to use X.  Anyone know if the windowing
system they made up runs applications over a network?

-Antonio Romero    romero@confidence.princeton.edu
Followups are directed to comp.misc, so you comp.sys.mac people, please don't flame
"Wrong group, wrong group..."