[comp.misc] More Soviet responses...

crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) (12/01/88)

I am totally amazed at the wide variaty of opinions people have about the
Soviet Union.    I just watched a TBS TV Show about Soviet TV that was
quite interesting.    Has anyone seen it??   It showed portions of
2 popular movies,  one produced in Soviet Georgia,  and another one
called "Scarecrow".    I'm Still tallying up all the responses,  as
I'm now getting responses from a number of private BBS'es as well as
stuff from commercial networks like Genie.    I expect to publish a
summary and statistical report based in the responses I've gotten.

The following person writes me,  asking for copy of the Article on
the Soviet Union.   Does anyone know a pathway to this person??
The mail gets bounced back...

Charlie writes:

>  " If your Email address is listed below,  this is probably why I haven't
>  responded to your questions...

> spaf (From SOMEWHERE)"
 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

>Magnificent!  Such insouciance!  I laughed till I stopped!  Thank you, John
>- you've really lightened my afternoon.

>Charlie

I respond:   We are in this BIG global village,  glad to have lightened
             your day.

Dermot Tynan writes:

>Overall, I think your stance reeks of McCarthyism.  The only way to improve
>relations with 'your adversaries', is by better communication, and under-
>standing.  Unless, of course, you'd like to keep your notions of the SU as
>the great oppressor.  Good versus Evil, etc.  The ony way to make this planet
>a better place, is by trying to remove the hatred and fear between different
>groups.  That can only be done by realizing that the opposite group is made
>up of people like ourselves, and by seeing things from the other persons
>point of view.

BINGO!!  Score ONE for sanity....

Just a little progress report,   I called the SF/Moscow teleport people
again,  asking why my service hasn't yet been set up,   and they reported
some computer problems.    Any day now....    Also,  the Soviets won't
be set up yet for another 2 weeks.    In the meantime,   I'm collecting
all the responses,   and will pass those requesting information on to
Moscow as soon as the Email service is set up.

I also expect to make corrections and additions on the SF/Moscow teleport,
for those that are interested.    I am NOT affiliated with Sf/Moscow
teleport in ANY way,  other than just signing up for the service so I
can communicate with my Moscow counterparts.    I sent them copies of
the article for corrections.

John D.
uunet!acad!well!crunch