[comp.misc] NewsGroup Proposal: Comp.Image.Processing

ners001@vmsa.technion.ac.il (11/20/88)

A few days ago I posted (in comp.graphics) a response to a call
for a new news-group that would deal with image processing and
computer vision.

Since then I have received *many* letters of encouragement (personally)
and there have appeared a few encouraging notes from other readers of
comp.graphics.

Does anybody out there know how we go about setting up this news-group???

Some of the proposed names have been:

       comp.image.processing
       comp.vision
       comp.imaging
       sci.imaging

Are there others out there that would like to see something like this
become a reality???

Benjamin Cohen
ners001@vmsa.technion.ac.il

ralphw@ius3.ius.cs.cmu.edu (Ralph Hyre) (12/03/88)

Newsgroups: comp.graphics,comp.sys.sun
Subject: Re: Video recording from a Sun workstation

Newsgroups: comp.graphics,comp.misc,comp.ai.vision,news.groups
Subject: Re: NewsGroup Proposal: Comp.Image.Processing (HOW?)

It's already available, check out comp.ai.vision.
If you'll be restricting yourself to simple image->image transformations, then
eventually a new group can be split off as traffic warrants.

--
					- Ralph W. Hyre, Jr.
Internet: ralphw@ius3.cs.cmu.edu    Phone:(412) CMU-BUGS