[comp.misc] Re^2: Soviet Access to Usenet

maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) (11/30/88)

paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) writes:
\...
\What makes you think that Usenet isn't recorded by someone at the NSA and
\run through keyword searches for words like CIA, NSA, Soviet etc ....
\of course all of us in this discussion  have our names and net addresses in
\a database somewhere :-) (someone somewhere in Virginia is probably smiling
\now ... :-)

Yes, and you'll all have `accidents', just like the witnesses of the murder of
John F. Kennedy. Be prepared to die.
--
fcntl(fd, F_SETFL, FNDELAY):          |Maarten Litmaath @ VU Amsterdam:
      let's go weepin' in the corner! |maart@cs.vu.nl, mcvax!botter!maart

gtww2z9z%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (Jason Gross) (12/01/88)

In article <1726@solo11.cs.vu.nl>, maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
> paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) writes:
> \...
> \What makes you think that Usenet isn't recorded by someone at the NSA and
> \run through keyword searches for words like CIA, NSA, Soviet etc ....
> \of course all of us in this discussion  have our names and net addresses in
> \a database somewhere :-) (someone somewhere in Virginia is probably smiling
> \now ... :-)
>
> Yes, and you'll all have `accidents', just like the witnesses of the murder of
> John F. Kennedy. Be prepared to die.

Y'all wanna clarify that remark.  Last time I checked, we don't go around
killing witnesses to crimes.  Just a few days ago, we had a big TV special
on JFK's murder and it was chock full of witnesses.

--
Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)
"Women.  You can't live   | Mail your invigorating replies to:      | For

childers@avsd.UUCP (Richard Childers) (12/05/88)

In article <gables.287@umigw.miami.edu> gtww2z9z%gables.span@umigw.miami.edu (Jason Gross) writes:

>In article <1726@solo11.cs.vu.nl>, maart@cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
>> paul@taniwha.UUCP (Paul Campbell) writes:

>> Yes, and you'll all have `accidents', just like the witnesses of the murder
>> of John F. Kennedy. Be prepared to die.

>Y'all wanna clarify that remark.  Last time I checked, we don't go around
>killing witnesses to crimes.  Just a few days ago, we had a big TV special
>on JFK's murder and it was chock full of witnesses.

And how do you know that those witnesses didn't receive 'visits' befoer they
went on the air ? Or phone calls ...

>Jason Gross     Comp Sci Ugrad     University of Miami     Class of '91 (?)

-- richard	Unix network administrator	Ampex Corporation, AV Sys Div

>"Women.  You can't live   | Mail your invigorating replies to:      | For
>with them, and you can't  |  GTWW2Z9Z%Gables.Span@Umigw.Miami.Edu   | Sale:
>shoot them, either."      |  (What a lovely address, isn't it now?) | $.05

God, I'm glad I was never an undergraduate ...

-- richard

--
 *                        Black holes are out of sight                        *