[comp.misc] Information on the ICC

crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) (12/23/88)

  The information just came in that describes the International Computer
Club in Moscow.    It's fairly lengthy,  and because of some hot flames
from U of Waterloo,   I've decided not to post it.   However,  if anyone
out there wants me to Email it to them,   so THEY can take the heat,
I'll gladly send it to them.

  This information describes the Articles and Doctrin,  as well as the
rules and philosophy of the ICC.    It's pretty much detailed,    but it
also involves the Acedemy of Sciences of the USSR, the Institute of
Theoretical Astronomy of the USSR,  the Institute of Energy
Research of the USSR Academy of Sciences, the East/West Exchange
(United States),  and a number of other sponsors,  and its primarily
designed for the transfer of articles between East and West through
computer networking.

Please Email me at:  uunet!acad!well!crunch

John Draper
Programmers Network

   If I get enough requests to post it into comp.misc.  I'll do it,
I just don't want excentric people flaming at me for posting "trash"
into UseNet.    Just let me know...

JD

lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Greg Lee) (12/24/88)

From article <10094@well.UUCP>, by crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper):
"
"   The information just came in that describes the International Computer
" Club in Moscow.    It's fairly lengthy,  and because of some hot flames
" from U of Waterloo,   I've decided not to post it.   However,  if anyone
" out there wants me to Email it to them,   so THEY can take the heat,
" I'll gladly send it to them.

I hope you will post it, but if not please send me a copy at:
	lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu

This is posted because (1) I don't have much luck getting mail to
bang-addresses, and (2) I felt like expressing my dismay and anger that
some jokers from U of Waterloo consider that they are in a position to
censor what the rest of us may read.  They can just censor themselves.
		-- Greg

haque@umn-cs.CS.UMN.EDU (Samudra E. Haque) (12/24/88)

In article <2880@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu> lee@uhccux.uhcc.hawaii.edu (Greg Lee) writes:

>This is posted because

>	(2) I felt like expressing my dismay and anger that
>some jokers from U of Waterloo consider that they are in a position to
>censor what the rest of us may read.  They can just censor themselves.

>		-- Greg
Good Answer - hopefully more Net people will take up that attitude.

--
Samudra E. Haque
Computer Science Laboratories, Computer Science Department

bill@ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) (12/25/88)

In article <10094@well.UUCP>, crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) writes:

>   The information just came in that describes the International Computer
> Club in Moscow.    It's fairly lengthy,  and because of some hot flames
> from U of Waterloo,

Before this gets even as far as one sentence I want to emphasize that I do
not advocate or suggest that any net site be punished or criticized for what
they or their net-neighbors do.  With that said, it appears to me that the
U of Waterloo is getting awfully touchy lately.  In particular I can not
imagine what they are griping John Draper about.  Personally I'm as jumpy
about John as I am the Soviet Union but I admire his determination to bring
information to the rest of us.  I think it's shabby and second rate for U of
W to pound him for it but that's certainly their privilege.  Let's have no
Bill of Rights dicussion here other than perhaps the irony of a U.S.A.
citizen having been chased out of posting by a non-U.S.A. entity (not that
they should feel obliged to play by U.S.A. rules).

>  I've decided not to post it.   However,  if anyone
> out there wants me to Email it to them,   so THEY can take the heat,
> I'll gladly send it to them.

Send it to me John, I'll post it, U of Waterloo can pound on me all they
want, I'm in (sorry to sound like John Haugh :-) Pipe Creek, Texas and
the whole community here can take a beating from U of W.  We'll muddle
through somehow, we've a population of 125; says so on the road sign.

As surely as I'm jumpy about John and the Soviet Union, I'm also curious
and I resent the notion that one of the "big boys" is throwing his weight
around.  I do not mean to diminish U of W's contribution to the net, nor
do I want to confirm or deny John Draper's remarks.  If John's correct
(I have no reason to believe otherwise), ship it here.  If John's not
correct, ship it to U of W and let them post it, I'm sure they'd be glad
to do it (if John's not correct).  Isn't that fair?
--
Bill Kennedy  usenet      {killer,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
              internet    bill@ssbn.WLK.COM

jacka@hpcupt1.HP.COM (Jack C. Armstrong) (12/28/88)

For crying out loud, John, just post the thing under a pseudonym... call
yourself Captain somethingorother, we'll never tell, and it may make some
NSA monitor's day.

mark@trigraph.UUCP (Mark Woodward) (12/29/88)

	I would like to hear more about the soviet ICC,
if somebody at the U of W does'nt like it.. tough use
the 'J' key. If you want to save yourself some flames
then just mail it to me.
Thanks for the time and effort to bring this information to
us, even if some people dont appreciate it.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-
Mark Woodward	Trigraph Inc., Toronto, Canada		utzoo!trigraph!mark
"You can take a horse to water,
 but a pencil must be lead."	S. Laurel
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

jjboritz@violet.waterloo.edu (Jim Boritz) (01/15/89)

In article <10094@well.UUCP> crunch@well.UUCP (John Draper) writes:

>  The information just came in that describes the International Computer
>Club in Moscow.    It's fairly lengthy,  and because of some hot flames
>from U of Waterloo,   I've decided not to post it.   However,  if anyone
>out there wants me to Email it to them,   so THEY can take the heat,
>I'll gladly send it to them.

Just because there are a few hotheads at U of W, this does not mean that you
should point the finger all of us.  One could just as easily do the same
with the Soviet Union.
--

    Jim Boritz			{uunet,utai,clyde}!watmath!violet!jjboritz
    University of Waterloo	jjboritz@violet.waterloo.edu