[comp.misc] xyz

news@afit-ab.arpa (News System Account) (02/14/89)

In article <133@cbnewsc.ATT.COM> tjr@cbnewsc.ATT.COM (thomas.j.roberts) writes:
>At Purdue University, 1968-71, the Computer Center used a CDC-6500
>machine, and was involved in developing a new OS for it, called MACE.
>MACE was based upon CDC's OS, in large part.

At Purdue University, 1981-85, the Computer Center used a CDC-6500
machine, and a old OS for it, called MACE.
I think MACE pre-dated CDC's operatind system (NOS?).
Still no terminals, tho'.  The computer center put in PDP-11 and
VAX's as keypunch replacement starting in 1981.  I was part of the
first class of CS students that never punched a card. :-)

Mike CS '85
Mike Proicou
mproicou@galaxy.afit.af.mil	<- Preferred(?) Form
mproicou@afit-ab.arpa		<- Most Likely to Work?