[comp.misc] ihnp4 powered down

dhp@att.ATT.COM (Price) (02/23/89)

As many of you know, ihnp4 was removed from external service a number of
months ago.  Well, it has finally be powered down, and completely removed
from service.  Given the age of the hardware involved (and its inherently
low salvage value), and the historic significance of the machine, thought
has been given to donating ihnp4 to the computer museum in Boston.  Does
anyone have information (such as a voice phone number) for someone at said
museum that I could discuss the donation with?

					thanks,

					Douglas H. Price
					Postmaster, att (at IH)
					att!dhp
					(312) 979-3664

pss@unh.UUCP (Paul S. Sawyer == paul) (02/25/89)

Try:	The Computer Museum
	300 Congress Street
	Boston, Massachusetts  02210

	617-426-2800

--
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
Paul S. Sawyer              uunet!unh!unhtel!paul     paul@unhtel.UUCP

david@ms.uky.edu (David Herron -- One of the vertebrae) (02/25/89)

this makes me soooo sad ..

it's like when the original ukma was powered down.  at least the
name lives on in another machine...
--
<-- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david@ms.uky.edu>
<-- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david@UKMA.BITNET

lyndon@auvax.UUCP (Lyndon Nerenberg) (02/25/89)

In article <244@att.ATT.COM>, dhp@att.ATT.COM (Price) writes:
> As many of you know, ihnp4 was removed from external service a number of
> months ago.  Well, it has finally be powered down, and completely removed
> from service.  Given the age of the hardware involved (and its inherently
> low salvage value), and the historic significance of the machine, thought
> has been given to donating ihnp4 to the computer museum in Boston.  Does
> anyone have information (such as a voice phone number) for someone at said
> museum that I could discuss the donation with?

A museum piece?!? Where's your sense of adventure? Henry turned the
old utzoo into a terminal server! Surely you can top that?

(-: lyndon :-)