[comp.misc] Postings on Computer Folklore

lapasha@unc.cs.unc.edu (Robin LaPasha) (03/16/89)

[desperate request for expired articles ahead,
plus permission to cite requested]

OK, ok, I TRIED to get these without posting - hunting archives, email to
frequent posters, the works!  But no luck.

1.)  I need the "Looking for Computer Folklore" strain of articles
previous to Feb 9/10.  The whole set (including related flames, and
"oh yeah" type of short articles) if possible; most needed is the
original posting and poster.  (Net news here has expired, and they don't
archive comp.misc or rec.humor.)  Email, preferably in manageable chunks.

2.)  I'm doing a term paper for my folklore class.  If I get lucky, it
might turn into an article for an academic folklore journal.  Does
anybody have any problems with their stuff being cited/analyzed/etc.
for academia?  (No bucks involved.  Really.)  Speak now (again, preferably
in email.)

Thanks in advance.

Robin LaPasha

montys@tekigm2.MEN.TEK.COM (MONTY SMITH) (03/18/89)

In article <7269@thorin.cs.unc.edu> lapasha@unc.cs.unc.edu (Robin LaPasha) writes:
>[desperate request for expired articles ahead,
>plus permission to cite requested]
>
>OK, ok, I TRIED to get these without posting - hunting archives, email to
>frequent posters, the works!  But no luck.

NO WAIT!!!!

I've got a better idea!  REPOST THEM ALL!!!!

(My kill file has been bored lately)

OBJ:

STOCKHOLM, SWEDEN:
What to do with a four-hundred acre estate?  Bengt Granburg decided to
turn it into a group-sex village.  But he had to give it up because
Swedish officials weren't pleased, and the only ones who showed up on
opening day were five elderly men and two reporters.