[comp.misc] tulip computer

dwhitwood@miclon.UUCP (Daryl Whitwood) (04/12/89)

Hi,

Does anyone know about 'tulip' computer systems? I have been recommended
to buy one, and have never heard of them. What are they good at?

Thanks in advance,

Daryl Whitwood.

dwhitwood@miclon.co.uk
...uunet!mcvax!ukc!miclon!dwhitwood

ken@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Ken Johnson) (04/13/89)

In article <247@miclon.UUCP> dwhitwood@miclon.UUCP (Daryl Whitwood) writes:

>Does anyone know about 'tulip' computer systems? I have been recommended
>to buy one, and have never heard of them. What are they good at?

They are made by Philips in the Netherlands and they are intended as
a computer for use in secondary schools. I have never seen one in
the UK.
--
Ken Johnson, AI Applications Institute, 80 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1HN
E-mail ken@aiai.ed.ac.uk, phone 031-225 4464 extension 212

paulm@nikhefk.UUCP (Paul Molenaar) (04/13/89)

In article <247@miclon.UUCP> dwhitwood@miclon.UUCP (Daryl Whitwood) writes:
#Hi,
#
#Does anyone know about 'tulip' computer systems? I have been recommended
#to buy one, and have never heard of them. What are they good at?

Tulip computers are 'Produce of Holland'. We categorize them as more
or less mainstream MS-DOS clones. They're no better or worse than any other
MS-DOS clone. We just call 'm 'brand-clones', meaning that they're better
than the average Taiwan clone (regarding service, support and [partly]
design), less good than, let's say, IBM's PC's.
They're good at being an MS-DOS computer. No more no less.

#
#Thanks in advance,
#
Quite welcome
#Daryl Whitwood.
#
#dwhitwood@miclon.co.uk
#...uunet!mcvax!ukc!miclon!dwhitwood

        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -
--
        Paul Molenaar

	"Just checking the walls"
		- Basil Fawlty -

marcel@dx7.UUCP (Marcel Bernards) (04/17/89)

In article <365@skye.ed.ac.uk>, ken@aiai.ed.ac.uk (Ken Johnson) writes:
> In article <247@miclon.UUCP> dwhitwood@miclon.UUCP (Daryl Whitwood) writes:
>
> >Does anyone know about 'tulip' computer systems? I have been recommended
> >to buy one, and have never heard of them. What are they good at?
>
> They are made by Philips in the Netherlands and they are intended as
> a computer for use in secondary schools. I have never seen one in
> the UK.
> --
> Ken Johnson, AI Applications Institute, 80 South Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1HN
> E-mail ken@aiai.ed.ac.uk, phone 031-225 4464 extension 212
> Expectorate the unexpectorated. Expect the unexpecfblugh.

Noooo !!!!!!! TULIP != PHILIPS   (I'll bet they want to ;-)

They are a separate company supervised by Compudata (I think so)
Any menbers of TULIP or Compudata on the net listening ??

We are a > 900 persons Energy research  institute and we happend to have
A *many* of these TULIPS ( > 500 ) including the PC private project here
at ECN.

More Info wanted ??? please Email !!

--
Marcel Bernards, UNIX & Net sysadm Netherlands Energy Research Foundation ECN
P.O. Box 1, 1755 ZG Petten, PHONE: 09 312246 4342 EARN/BITNET:ESU0130@HPEENR51