[comp.misc] TLAs

limonce@pilot.njin.net (Tom Limoncelli) (07/17/89)

In article <12702@well.UUCP> gail@well.UUCP (Gail Gurman) writes:

> From San Jose Mercury News, Sunday morning, July 2, 1989
>
> THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF PERSONAL COMPUTING
> by Paul Andrews
[much deleted]
>      Today, it's alphabet  soup gone wild:   DTP, TSR, EMS,  DVI,
> CAD and CAM, FAX and VAX, CGA, EGA, VGA, OS/2, PS/2, MCA--are you
> still with  me?  OK,  then how about:   EGD, GUI, QBE,  SQL, DSP,
> AIX, LAN, RSI ... YGU? (You give up?)
>
>      We're starting  to sound  like small-town  bureaucrats.   Do
> your part to  fight TLA proliferation.   (TLA, of course,  stands
> for Three-Letter Abbreviations.)

[much more deleted]

Well, out of 22 I couldn't get 3 :^).  So, just what is EGD, QBE and
RSI?

(BTW, thanks for the re-print!  Another good article to put on the wall!)

-Tom
--
 Tom Limoncelli -- tlimonce@drunivac.Bitnet -- limonce@pilot.njin.net
       Drew University -- Box 1060, Madison, NJ -- 201-408-5389