[comp.misc] Ten Commandments of Personal Computing)

morris@jade.jpl.nasa.gov (Mike Morris) (07/17/89)

Apparently there was an article in the San Jose Mercury News for
Sunday July 2, 1989 titled THE TEN COMMANDMENTS OF PERSONAL COMPUTING,
by Paul Andrews.  Well, there have been a lot of comments on a few of
the "commandments".  Please note that not all of the readers in this
newsgroup receive that paper - some of us have been deprived of the
"raw material".  It would be nice if local items that have wide
interest would be posted in their entirety (sp?), and then commented
on.

If I'm blowing smoke, I'm sorry.  If somebody did post it, and it expired
from my site, all the above is taken back.  I'd like a copy, if somebody
has it on file, please e-mail.

US Snail:  Mike Morris                    UUCP: Morris@Jade.JPL.NASA.gov
           P.O. Box 1130                  Also: WA6ILQ
           Arcadia, Ca. 91006-1130
#Include disclaimer.standard     | The opinions above probably do not even

jlemon@hpfcdc.HP.COM (Jonathan Lemon) (07/17/89)

I never got that article either.
--
Jonathan

paul@moncam.co.uk (Paul Hudson) (07/18/89)

Since no-one else had posted it, I thought I'd add the one that was missed.

TOS	TLA Overload Syndrome

(As far as I know, invented by Hugo Tyson at Acorn Computers - you listening, Hugo?)
--
Paul Hudson	 MAIL: Monotype ADG, Science Park, Cambridge, CB4 4FQ, UK.
		PHONE: +44 (223) 420018	  EMAIL: paul@moncam.co.uk,

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (08/15/89)

In article <1444@jato.Jpl.Nasa.Gov> morris@jade.Jpl.Nasa.Gov (Mike Morris) writes:
>"raw material".  It would be nice if local items that have wide
>interest would be posted in their entirety (sp?), and then commented
>on.

It may be "nice," but it's also "illegal."  Copyright laws and such.
One can post a small part of a published article -- that's called
"fair use" -- but typing in articles from copyrighted media wholesale
is illegal, as well as possibly impolite to the original author.

Yes, I realize that a lot of people do it.  That Doesn't Make It
Right, You Know.
--
"Inanna spoke:
	My vulva, the horn, the Boat of Heaven, is full of eagerness like