[comp.misc] Porting C News to MS-DOS?

In article <1871@ucsd.EDU>, brian@ucsd.EDU (Brian Kantor) writes:
> Or don't you count your time as valuable?

This is a completely bogus argument. *IF* you don't have the money to,
as you put it, "port your PC to the trashcan" and buy a UNIX box, *THEN*
it doesn't matter what arbitrary value you put on your time.

Besides, don't you know RMS said it's evil to earn big bucks from software?
Business: peter@ficc.uu.net, +1 713 274 5180. | "The sentence I am now
Personal: peter@sugar.hackercorp.com.   `-_-' |  writing is the sentence
Quote: Have you hugged your wolf today?  'U`  |  you are now reading"

tower@bu-cs.BU.EDU (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) (08/31/89)

In article <5369@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
|Besides, don't you know RMS said it's evil to earn big bucks from software?

Peter:

Though I detect the ;-) face, it's not quite what rms saids.  He's
against anyone earning big bucks from the use of force.  This includes
software hoarding and other abuses of the intellectual property laws.

thanx -len

" Maynard) (09/01/89)

In article <37331@bu-cs.BU.EDU> tower@bu-it.bu.edu (Leonard H. Tower Jr.) writes:
>In article <5369@ficc.uu.net> peter@ficc.uu.net (Peter da Silva) writes:
>|Besides, don't you know RMS said it's evil to earn big bucks from software?
>Though I detect the ;-) face, it's not quite what rms saids.  He's
>against anyone earning big bucks from the use of force.  This includes
>software hoarding and other abuses of the intellectual property laws.

A difference that makes no difference is no difference.

It should be obvious that RMS is just whistling in the wind; there are
far too many of us out there (myself proudly included) who make money
from software for the situation to ever change.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.