[comp.misc] Re^2: Low Productivity of Knowledge Workers

jdm1@eds1.UUCP (Jon McCown) (10/01/89)

davidsen@crdos1.crd.ge.COM (Wm E Davidsen Jr) writes:

>  Someone asked how you get people to use email. The secret is to have
>support at the top. If the head honcho starts asking for info by email,
>sending out meeting notices, etc, pretty soon the next level down starts

This _is_ fun to watch.  When the head of our legal staff began shipping
drafts of stuff via email (for review/revision) it was suddenly "the way
to do IT" and requests for email access have poured in.

The change from "_I_ DO NOT TYPE" to "how soon can I get a workstation with
network access?" among professional staff seems to follow an effect similar
to the domino expos....

(apologies for the grotesque formatting in my previous long article, a
 bad termcap and vi do not mix well at all :-)

-JDMc

--
             J.D. McCown - RCSG Director - Senate of Pennsylvania
psuvax1!eds1!jdm1    (this space intentionally     "Your life or your lupins!"