[comp.misc] Embedded systems news group: yes, please

brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) (10/15/89)

Yes, I think an embedded systems group is a good idea.

Brian Rhodefer

bill@inebriae.UUCP (Bill Kennedy) (10/17/89)

In article <4914@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM> brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
>Yes, I think an embedded systems group is a good idea.
>
>Brian Rhodefer

I don't agree at all.  I'm a devoted embedded systems creature, I've made
a living at it for a number of years.  The comp.realtime appears to have
a slant towards some particular equipment, perhaps to the detriment of the
group itself.  I think that we (embedded system people) can fit very nicely
into that group and maybe ventilate it a bit for the overall benefit.  I'll
concede that real time systems aren't always embedded, but every embedded
system I've worked with was real time.  I don't see enough difference to
separate the two groups.
--
Bill Kennedy    {texbell,att,cs.utexas.edu,sun!daver}!ssbn!bill
                bill@ssbn.WLK.COM  or attmail!ssbn!bill

rick@pavlov.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) (10/25/89)

In article <4914@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM> brianr@tekig5.PEN.TEK.COM (Brian Rhodefer) writes:
>Yes, I think an embedded systems group is a good idea.
>
>Brian Rhodefer

What is worng with using comp.sw.components?

Richard H. Miller                 Email: rick@bcm.tmc.edu
Asst. Dir. for Technical Support  Voice: (713)798-3532
Baylor College of Medicine        US Mail: One Baylor Plaza, 302H
                                           Houston, Texas 77030

rick@pavlov.tmc.edu (Richard H. Miller) writes:

|  What is worng with using comp.sw.components?

  What has c.s.c got to do with embedded systems? c.s.c talks about
modular software, reuse of modulaes, etc. What has this to do with
computers which are a dedicated part of a device?
that the world is flat!" - anon