[comp.misc] asynchronous communications

lal@fig.ucsb.edu (Laumann, Lynn Alan) (11/23/89)

   I am currently working on a project involving an Everex Step 386 25 mhz
(IBM compatible) and a CalComp 95480 model digitizer. I'm having trouble
 locating the asynchronous communication software required for the Everex
 to recieve information input on the digitizer, and vice versa. I have tried
 DOS interrupt calls, Bios calls and even the MicroSoft C function for serial
 port communication, with no luck.

   Any information would be greatly appreciated. Please email me at:

    lal@cs.ucsb.edu. Thanks!
                                  Lynn Laumann

scott@bbxsda.UUCP (Scott Amspoker) (11/23/89)

In article <3097@hub.UUCP> lal@cornu.ucsb.edu writes:

>   I am currently working on a project involving an Everex Step 386 25 mhz
>(IBM compatible) and a CalComp 95480 model digitizer. I'm having trouble
> locating the asynchronous communication software required for the Everex
> to recieve information input on the digitizer, and vice versa. I have tried
> DOS interrupt calls, Bios calls and even the MicroSoft C function for serial
> port communication, with no luck.

I assume that you are refering to the fact the DOS does not provide
buffered, interrupt driven support for the communications adapter.
You must either write your own comm driver or try to find one on the
market.  Neither MSDOS, bios, or C interface will do that for you.

--
Scott Amspoker
Basis International, Albuquerque, NM