[comp.misc] Pronunciation. Request for references.

jacka@hpiag0.IAG.HP.COM (Jack C. Armstrong) (11/30/89)

>Chapter one of "The LaTeX book" says that you can do it anyway
>you want... except "L A TeX"  (I guess he doesn't want to to look like
>L. A. Law :) )

Sorry, nice guess, but the real reason is that Leslie Lamport lives in
Superior California, and does not want to be associated in any way with
what goes on south of the Techachapi Mountains.  (Future scene of the
'Really Big One', for which our little quake was just an exercise.)

raymond@math.berkeley.edu (Raymond Chen) (11/30/89)

Please don't post pronunciations without references.  I doubt
the original poster cared how YOU pronounced them; he wanted to
know what the "correct" pronunciations are.

Bearing that in mind, here are the "official" pronunciations, with