[comp.misc] IBM/370 Stuff

chrisb@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris) (12/12/89)

Looking for any sources, or neat programs which are run on an IBM/370
mainframe.   Things like calendars, banners, interesting JCL or Clists,
anything...   I have WATFIV source for a Snoopy calendar, and for a
banner (bigword) program.  I haven't been able to locate any site
which has anything like this available for ftp.  I don't care if it
is written in - gulp - COBOL as long as it is something interesting, not
the run of the mill master file update or simple programs for class
assignments.

Is there a group which discusses IBM/370 topics in the news ???

Pointers greatly appreciated...

Chris Behrens      ChrisB@Hubcap.Clemson.Edu

littauer@uts.amdahl.com (Tom Littauer) (12/13/89)

In article <7401@hubcap.clemson.edu> chrisb@hubcap.clemson.edu (Chris) writes:
>Looking for any sources, or neat programs which are run on an IBM/370
>mainframe.

Most neat programs and interesting sources are posted for UNIX\(tm, but
that doesn't mean you can't use them... just run UNIX on your 370 mainframe.
We've been doing it for 10 years.
--
UUCP:  littauer@amdahl.amdahl.com
  or:  {sun,decwrl,hplabs,pyramid,ames,uunet}!amdahl!littauer

I'll tell you when I'm giving you the party line. The rest of the time
it's my very own ravings (accept no substitutes).