[comp.misc] TEAC Tape drive mailing list? Backup in general?

danno@dartmouth.edu (Danno) (01/02/90)

A few months ago, someone posted a notice about the start of a mailing list
(out of somewhere in Texas, I believe) devoted to the discussion of TEAC
tape drive mechanisms.  I assume they meant the CT600H/N models, as I know of
no other (but that often doesn't mean much =-).

At the time, I didn't get on the list.  Either I lost the address, or the mail
I sent bounced and I didn't bother tracking down a better address.  Now, I find
myself wanting this information again, and would greatly appreciate any info you
guys may have.

I have already checked two comprehesive lists of Internet and Bitnet mailing
lists, and could not find this one listed.  I believe I originally saw it in
either of these groups, since those were the only 2 comp.* groups I was
subscribing to at the time, if memory serves.

A further question...
I recently have become more involved in hard drive back-up here  (Macintosh),
and would like to learn whatever I can.  I found no comp.* groups on the topic,
so I thought I would ask if there are any mailing lists on the subject that I've
missed hearing about, or other sources of information.  Any ideas?  (I would
also be interested in similar sources for disk-recovery information in the Mac
world, as well.)

I will post a summary of any e-mail replies, but feel free to post if you feel
this is of general interest.  Besides, the newsgroups get so thin during
winter break!

Ciao,
Danno
--
________  If the crush of your emotions leaves |||  Daniel McKinnon     ________
\ <O    \  you lying in the dust, then take it ||tragedy@dartmouth.edu / <- O> /

jones@optilink.UUCP (Marvin Jones) (01/03/90)

In article <18109@dartvax.Dartmouth.EDU>, danno@dartmouth.edu (Danno) writes:
> A few months ago, someone posted a notice about the start of a mailing list
> (out of somewhere in Texas, I believe) devoted to the discussion of TEAC
> tape drive mechanisms.  I assume they meant the CT600H/N models, as I know of
> no other (but that often doesn't mean much =-).

Contact werner@rascal.ics.utexas.edu to be placed on the Teac tape hackers
mailing list.  It was formed specifically to discuss the Teac MT-2ST style
150 meg streaming tape drives, but some other have been discussed as well.

Regards,

--
	Marvin Jones 		 uucp:    {pyramid, tekbspa}!optilink!jones
	Optilink Corp. 		 bell-net: 707-795-9444 X 206