[comp.misc] BIX on the Network?

mlarken@ac.dal.ca (01/09/90)

     After much deliberation and days of studying the various NEWSgroups
available to me, I have finally decided that this is the best place for
an answer to the following question.

     I have been trying to contact BIX through the Usenet, Internet or
NetNorth networks.  I'm on NetNorth, in Nova Scotia, and am trying to get
in touch with a SIG moderator on BIX.

     Can anyone tell me the gateway to which I should address my messages
if I want to reach him in VMS/JNET MAIL?  If not, can you tell me who
might have an answer for me?

Thnks for your help.
Markum.

sharon@asylum.SF.CA.US (Sharon Fisher) (01/11/90)

In article <1094@ac.dal.ca> mlarken@ac.dal.ca writes:
>     I have been trying to contact BIX through the Usenet, Internet or
>NetNorth networks.  I'm on NetNorth, in Nova Scotia, and am trying to get
>in touch with a SIG moderator on BIX.
>
>     Can anyone tell me the gateway to which I should address my messages
>if I want to reach him in VMS/JNET MAIL?  If not, can you tell me who
>might have an answer for me?

I don't know of any link between Bix and the net.  However, I have a
Bix account, and if you'd like to send me your message, I'll manually
post it to the guy.  This is a one-time thing, so if you need to speak
to him regularly, it won't work, but I'll be glad to do it once.
--
I already have a boyfriend, so you needn't talk to me or send me
e-mail if you consider that "wasting your time."

mjb@nucleus.mi.org (Mark Bobak) (01/12/90)

In article <1094@ac.dal.ca> mlarken@ac.dal.ca writes:

>     I have been trying to contact BIX through the Usenet, Internet or
>NetNorth networks.  I'm on NetNorth, in Nova Scotia, and am trying to get
>in touch with a SIG moderator on BIX.
>
>     Can anyone tell me the gateway to which I should address my messages
>if I want to reach him in VMS/JNET MAIL?  If not, can you tell me who
>might have an answer for me?

Well, according to The Inter-Network Mail Guide maintained by John J. Chew,
you should try "user@dcibix.das.net".
--
Mark Bobak
The Nucleus Public Access Unix, Clarkston, Mi.