[comp.misc] AutoCAD newsgroup

freds@legs.UUCP (Fred Sieg) (02/01/90)

in article <679.25c3e15c@mdcbbs.com>, halloran@mdcbbs.com (M. J. Halloran II (McDonnell Douglas M&E)) says:

> In article <1990Jan26.181617.18930@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, kaminski@scl.cwru.edu (Steve Kaminski) writes:
>> I was wondering if there is a newsgroup for CAD users (AutoCAD, in specific).
>>
>> Steve
>
> I'll Second.  Open it up though to CAD users of various systems.  I am sure
>
> 	mjh
I'll Third. I agree it should be CAD users of various systems.

Fred

--
Fred Sieg - M/S 2-88			uucp: ...!uunet!ccicpg!legs!freds
AST Research Inc.			Fax: (714) 727-9358

jb@aablue.UUCP (John B Scalia) (02/03/90)

In article <679.25c3e15c@mdcbbs.com> halloran@mdcbbs.com (M. J. Halloran II (McDonnell Douglas M&E)) writes:
>In article <1990Jan26.181617.18930@usenet.ins.cwru.edu>, kaminski@scl.cwru.edu (Steve Kaminski) writes:
>> I was wondering if there is a newsgroup for CAD users (AutoCAD, in specific).
>
>I'll Second.  Open it up though to CAD users of various systems.  I am sure
>we could get a great deal of traffic reguarding the use of these systems and
>data translation between them.

OK, I'll kind of third this, but according to netiquette, shouldn't we be
bombarding some poor group (like this one) with all kinds of discussions
before we consider this?

We're a dealer in CAD hardware and software (not just ACAD), so obviously,
we have a great deal of interest. And, yes, I try to go through comp.sys.ibm.pc
as often as possible, but with 99% of the garbage down there being of no
interest, it's almost hopeless. Even some of the questions I've asked down
there have gotten little or no response.

So, what do you want to talk about. How about problems in setting up? Has
anyone started up the 386 version of ACAD yet? (Personally, I'm having a
problem with memory conflicts on my display list card and ACAD386.) How
about some interesting AutoLisp routines we've all made up?

Let's get some traffic!
jb@aablue.UUCP
--
A A Blueprint Co., Inc. - Akron, Ohio +1 216 794-8803 voice
UUCP:	   {uunet!}aablue!jb	(John B. Scalia)

Just a little more nonsense to clutter up the net.